Říčky (Brooks) - upland village and a well known resort (635m) spread along a brook and over Anna Hill and Zakletý (Elf-struck) slopes, noted in 1654.
Ancient wooden chapel dated in 1787 was rebuilt into baroque St. Trinity church in 1790-92. Most of authentic timber wooden houses is now used to recreation and leisure. Ski centre with downhill tracks and ski tow was built on the southeast slope of Zakletý.
"...Říčky is a large German village with cabins scattering along creeks and slopes, creating colourful scene. Church, vicarage and school building are situated about midst. A route passing through Říčky connects Rokytnice and a local railway with Velká Zdobnice and the Divoká Orlice valley." (Chyský, Hory Orlické 1922)
Ski Centrum in Říčky (www.skiricky.cz)
Říčky, 1950 - 1970
Říčky, 1970 - 1990
Postcard from collection of Mr. Holenda
Říčky - at present